Immediate Dental Implants
Even though adult teeth are meant to be permanent, they can fall out or decay because of trauma, disease, or injury. When a tooth falls out or needs to be extracted, you can replace it with a dental implant. As long as there is enough jaw bone to support the implant, we can insert a dental implant into the empty socket on the same day as tooth extraction. We call this treatment immediate or same-day dental implants.
As your same-day implants heal, they fuse to the jaw to create a permanent foundation. The only difference between immediate and traditional dental implants are that immediate implants are placed at the same surgical visit as a tooth extraction procedure. By immediately restoring the missing tooth, you reduce your healing period and eliminate the need for a separate dental implant procedure.
At Los Angeles Center for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, our implant specialists will help determine the right treatment plan for your oral health needs. The implant treatments we offer are designed to look, feel, and function just like permanent teeth.
Options After Extractions
There are many tooth replacement options available to choose from. While it may seem like a lot, our experts are here to explain the benefits of each choice and help select the right option for your specific needs. We perform treatment with your health and safety in mind and want to improve your oral health today and for many years to come.
Replacement options after undergoing a tooth extraction include:
- Dental Implants. A dental implant replicates the look and function of a healthy, natural tooth. It is made of a titanium implant post, abutment, and crown, and has a 98% success rate. Dental implants are the only restorative option that fuses to the jaw bone, preventing bone loss.
- Same-Day Dental Implants. On the same day as a tooth extraction, your oral surgeon can insert an implant post into the socket. This reduces the number of appointments needed for tooth restoration, saving you time and money.
- Implant-Supported Bridge. We can insert an implant into an empty tooth socket and support a bridge, restoring the appearance and function of multiple missing teeth beside each other. This protects your natural teeth from being reshaped to fit a traditional bridge.
- Full-Arch Restoration. Ideal for patients in need of a brand new smile overall, this procedure uses as few as four dental implant posts to secure a fixed denture. The results are a natural-looking, fully functional, complete set of teeth.
- Removable Dentures/Partials. These options restore the appearance of your smile. They sit on top of the bony ridge in your mouth or rely on other teeth for support. They do not prevent bone loss associated with tooth loss and must be replaced every few years.
- Traditional Bridges. We attach fixed bridges to your healthy teeth to restore the appearance of one or more missing teeth. We must grind your natural teeth down to fit the bridge and over time, this can damage your healthy teeth. Bridges are difficult to clean around and can cause plaque to build up, leading to gum disease, infections, and tooth decay.
- No Replacement. By not restoring a missing adult tooth, you are at risk of jaw bone atrophy due to lack of stimulation. Severe bone loss requires costly and complex surgery and can cause dental shifting or facial sagging.
Same-Day Dental Implant Cost
Your dental implant surgery cost will vary depending on your exact needs. Your insurance, the number and type of implants, your choice of anesthesia, and if you require additional procedures will all be factored into the cost of your treatment. Our staff will go over these details with you during the first visit to provide you with a cost estimate upfront.
You save time and money by receiving a same-day dental implant immediately following tooth extraction. You do not need to go without a tooth after having one extracted and can reduce the number of appointments needed to restore the missing tooth.
Contact Los Angeles Center for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Kupferman, Dr. Walline, Dr. Relle, Dr. Lee, or Dr. Sonnichsen. All of our oral surgeons are board-certified and dedicated to improving your life and smile through superior oral surgery.
Find Us in Los Angeles, CA
2080 Century Park East, Suite 610
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Hours: M–F: 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
Phone: (310) 842-4811
- Los Angeles
- Santa Monica
- Huntington Park
- Beverly Hills
- West Hollywood
- Marina del Rey